Sunday, March 14, 2010

Healthy Helper

Well, I'm a week into the diet and down nine pounds - woo hoo!! Now, I know that most of this is water weight, but still, it helps to crank up the motivation.

Before I started dieting, I didn't really track calories or carbs/fats/proteins. I figures, if I didn't eat that much, or that often I was doing ok. Boy was I wrong. Some of the things I consumed, had a whole days worth of calories in the one meal - so not a good thing, but then again, I had no idea.

My healthy post this week is about a gadget, and who doesn't love a gadget? For those of you with an IPhone or an IPod, this is for you. It's a high tech food journal!!

It's called Tap&Track and I'm addicted. You can put in all your personal information, weight, height, how much weight you want to lose, how many calories/fats/carbs/proteins you want to consume in a day. Then you enter the food you eat in a day, there's a searchable database and it has a list 0f over 400 restaurants with their food info and you can customize it to add other foods.

It also has a daily exercise log, where you can enter what exercise you've done that day and it even considered ironing an exercise!

Anyway, after you input something, it tells you how many calories you have left for the day, etc. etc. A much prettier and detailed (with pictures) review is here

IMO, it's anything that helps and keeps me accountable and I'm learning a lot about smart food choices., not to mention it's kind of fun to keep track of it all in a high tech way. :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, nine pounds is AMAZING! Congrats... wish I had that sort of info to share too! Also wish I could get that great gadget too. :) I need to find something I can use.

Keep it going though! That's a fantastic start!

Kristi said...

Thanks Julie!